Saturday, April 23, 2016

This is my very first real blog post. Let me give you a little history. I am a brand new author. My book, "349 Days", was released a week ago. After I sent my manuscript to the publisher I began doing some things that they suggested to help promote the book. I built a website (www.slaterdavis.com), I created an email distribution list, I began telling folks I knew about my book, soon to be released, and I even signed up on Facebook. Now I never have been very interested in being on Facebook, as some of you who have invited me over the years know. But the publisher (Yawn's Publishing in Canton, GA) encouraged me to do this. So I took the plunge. I began getting familiar with Facebook, and low and behold, I started having a bit of fun out there. I even learned how to "Poke" a friend! Ever done that?
Another thing I was encouraged to do was start a blog. Not knowing anything a blog I kept procrastinating, and procrastinating, and procrastinating. Then I put it off a bit. But, I did the next best thing. I added some "Ramblings" on my website.  That made me feel better about the "blog thing". Could that be defined as a sub-category of procrastination? Hmmm...I'll have to think about that. Anyway, I was doing all of this before my book was released. I was trying to get all my ducks in a row before the "Big Day". Well, except for the "blog thing". Why was I so resistant to the "blog thing"?
Well, here I am. The procrastination is over. I'm learning my way around. And this is my very first real live blog. I did it! I took the plunge! Yippee!
I'll be blogging about my book a lot. But that's not the only thing I'll blog about. So, you'll need to check in from time to time, or even figure out how to follow my blog. I would love to tell you, but I haven't figured that out yet.
Tell you what...when I figure it out I'll let you know. In the meantime, hope you enjoyed my very first real blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment