Friday, April 29, 2016

It's Friday again! Yippee!

It's Friday again! Yippee! Wait...I used to get excited about Fridays. The end of another week, a weekend ahead of me, lots of stuff to do, places to go...Fridays were a big deal. Not anymore. Nope. Friday is just another day.

Now I hope that doesn't sound negative. Oh no! It's not meant to be negative. Friday is just another day, as a matter of fact, these days I lose track of what day it is. You see, I'm retired now. When people ask me how I'm liking retirement I tell them, "Every day is Saturday except Sunday!" And that's the truth. So, today is Friday, but you know what, all day yesterday I thought it was Friday too. Ever do that? I just knew yesterday was Friday, but that would have made today Saturday and that's not so, because tomorrow is Saturday. So today must be Friday. That means yesterday was not Friday. Yesterday was Thursday. 

Are you staying with me here? I know it's tough for you folks who work for a living to understand this. I wouldn't have understood it just a few months ago, but now, I'm good with it. Ya know what I mean?!!!

Hey, tomorrow is Saturday. It's dark outside. That means this is Friday night. The wife and I just got back from our fire pit in the back yard where we made some s'mores. We were going to have two each but she only ate one. So, being the good husband that I am I helped her finish off her portion. You guys know what I mean, right? S'mores sure are good. Too bad we hadn't planned on eating 3 each. Maybe I'll be more involved in the planning next time.

Well, we are off to the church tomorrow to help do some work in preparation for Sunday morning. So...have a great evening and good weekend.

Life is good. God is better. See ya later.



No comments:

Post a Comment