Saturday, May 7, 2016

First Book Signing

First Book Signing



Well folks, my first book signing is behind me. The signing was like so many other things that I have done recently. It was all new. I had no idea what to expect. Just like meeting with a publisher, creating this blog, setting up a website, and all the other new experiences I’ve had since writing this book, this was something I just had to step into and get done. It turned out to be fun, and I actually sold some books.










I had some friends stop by. I had some family stop by. And I had some total strangers stop by. For my very first in all the world book signing, I was happy. I chose to use a room in our community located at the Property Owners Association building called The Fireplace Room. The setting was nice, although the thermostat had already been put into its summer ‘pre-programmed’ mode. The room started off a bit chilly, since it was 41 degrees here in Ellijay this morning. Thankfully there was a nice fireplace in The Fireplace Room (imagine that). One of the employees cranked up the gas logs and the room began to warm nicely. Becki was there with me to take money and give out books while my goal was to interact with folks and sign books. Things flowed well enough that we both got to visit with folks as they came in. I met a couple of Vietnam Veterans, from our community, for the first time who came by, and we had some nice conversations about our experiences. Both of these men had been helicopter door gunners while I was still in high school (prior to 1967).

All in all it was a very positive experience, and I did learn a bit. I learned I didn’t need to take my old jungle fatigue shirt for memorabilia. Nobody looked at it. The water was a nice touch, but I think I was the only one who drank any. The small notebook that I carried during my tour in ‘Nam was a point of interest for a few visitors, and the chocolates were fewer when we left than when we arrived, so they hit somebody’s spot.


So now, my first book signing is behind me. I’ve gained a little of experience. That’s good because there is more to come. I have another book signing event here in Ellijay next Saturday at Walls of Books on Craig Street. That event will run from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Check out my 349 Days page on Facebook (Events) for further details. I also have a radio interview recording session next week with a local radio station. I don’t know when the interview will air, but when I know I will post some info about that. 

Happy Mother's Day, everyone.

Til next time...Life is good. God is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment