Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Monday was Radio Interview Day

Monday was Radio Interview Day


Good morning folks. It’s a cool Tuesday morning in Ellijay, Georgia, but just about right. I slept with the door wide open to the screen porch last night and was pushed off into dream land by the sound of the Coosawattee River rushing over its rocks. That’s some of the best “white noise” in the world.
Hey, before I tell you about my radio interview yesterday, take a quick look at that box above my post. See where it says, “email address”? That’s for your email address if you want to be informed every time I post something on this blog. Enter your email address and click on “Submit” at the end of the box. You’ll be sent a confirmation email and voila, you’ll be on my list!

Wow, I was on the radio yesterday. Well, not quite. I was in a recording studio recording an upcoming show that will be aired this Friday, May 13th (ut oh) at 7:00 AM and again at 7:00 PM. The name of the show is Cherokee Talk and the radio station is a small community station in Cherokee County, Grace 102.9. Cherokee County is the county that my publisher, Yawn’s Books, is located in, and they were kind enough to set up the interview for me.
My interviewer was Fred Reimers. He told me that the purpose of his show was more than just sharing information. His goal was to see people’s lives changed through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We chatted a bit before we began so he could get to know a bit about me. He told me after the interview that most of the folks he interviews are people he already knows and he was a little concerned about interviewing me since he didn’t know me at all. Another guy at the station had set up the interview through Yawn’s Books. If he was concerned about the interview, it wasn’t something I saw. He was warm and open, and did a great job pulling stuff out of me. He had that nice ‘radio voice’ too.

The interview went great. He was happy. I was happy. Well…there was that one little thing…I hope the editor will be able to edit out the moment when my throat got dry and I had to do the ole “rumble in the throat” to clear it out. (Hey, anybody got a better way to describe that? I’ve never written about clearing my throat before.) Okay, okay, back on topic…the interview went great. We spent most of the time talking of my Christian testimony, which was great, and is a part of my book, 349 Days. Fred did a great job of keeping me going, asking about my family, upbringing, and bringing in info about the book and about ways the book can be purchased. But his whole purpose was to hear the message of Jesus and how that message of Jesus comes through my life. It was a joy to tell this part of my story, and include some details that are not part of the book.

The radio station, again, is Grace 102.9 in Canton, Georgia. They are a listener supported radio station bringing the Good News of Jesus to Cherokee County. If you visit their website, http://gracefmcanton.com/, you will see a telephone number you can dial to actually listen to the live broadcast.

Have a great day. We'll see you next time. Remember...life is good. God is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment